- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless top sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
- 1/2 pound asparagus spears, diagonally cut into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup snow peas, cut in half diagonally
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot (about 1 medium)
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- calories 332
- fat 13.2 g
- satfat 4.2 g
- protein 27.9 g
- carbohydrate 24.7 g
- cholesterol 63 mg
- iron 3.3 mg
- sodium 383 mg
- caloriesfromfat 36 %
- fiber 3.0 g
- calcium 25 mg
How to Make It
Combine water and curry paste in a large bowl; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cut steak diagonally across grain into 1/4-inch-thick slices; cut slices into thin strips. Add steak to curry paste, tossing to coat. Cover and chill at least 30 minutes.
. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
. While rice cooks, heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of steak; sauté 3 minutes or until steak is done. Remove steak from skillet; keep warm. Repeat procedure with 1/2 teaspoon oil and remaining steak.
. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add asparagus, snow peas, and carrot; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in broth and next 5 ingredients; cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Return steak to pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve over hot cooked rice.