More From Southern Living
Bake: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
Stand: 20 Minutes
- 1 (10-ounce) jar red currant jelly
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 (8- to 10-pound) smoked, fully cooked bone-in ham half
- 36 whole cloves
- Combine jelly and next 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring constantly, until jelly melts and mixture is smooth. Set jelly mixture aside.
- Remove skin from ham, trimming fat to 1/4-inch thickness. Make shallow cuts in fat 1 inch apart in a diamond pattern. Push clove stems into center of each diamond.
- Place ham in a lightly greased roasting pan, and pour jelly mixture evenly over ham.
- Bake on lower oven rack at 350° for 2 hours and 30 minutes, basting with pan juices every 15 to 20 minutes. Remove ham from oven; let stand 20 minutes before carving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note