Curly Kale Salad with Sesame-Soy Dressing
Use regular curly kale here for its light, springy texture. Nutritional yeast, that '60s health-food throwback, adds umami complexity, but if you prefer, you can omit it and up the other seasonings.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 146
- Calories from fat: 58%
- Protein: 5.4g
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sodium: 232mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- About 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast*
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 12 ounces curly kale, stems removed and leaves cut into slender ribbons
- 1/2 cup red onion cut into paper-thin slivers, rinsed and drained
- 1. Toast sesame seeds in a frying pan over medium heat, stirring often, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Scrape into a small bowl.
- 2. Whisk garlic, 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast, the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add kale and red onion and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, toss again, and serve. Add more yeast if you like.
- *Find nutritional yeast at natural-foods and well-stocked grocery stores.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note