- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- About 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast*
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 12 ounces curly kale, stems removed and leaves cut into slender ribbons
- 1/2 cup red onion cut into paper-thin slivers, rinsed and drained
- calories 146
- caloriesfromfat 58 %
- protein 5.4 g
- fat 9.5 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- carbohydrate 13 g
- fiber 3 g
- sodium 232 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Toast sesame seeds in a frying pan over medium heat, stirring often, until golden, 3 to 5 minutes. Scrape into a small bowl.
Whisk garlic, 2 tbsp. nutritional yeast, the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and sesame oil in a large bowl. Add kale and red onion and toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, toss again, and serve. Add more yeast if you like.
*Find nutritional yeast at natural-foods and well-stocked grocery stores.