Cupola House Wassail
Photo: Howard L. Puckett; Styling: Lindsey Ellis Beatty
The Cupola House, a historic home and gardens on Edenton Bay in North Carolina, serves this warm and soothing wassail every year during its holiday celebration.
Yield: Makes 22 cups
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 2 (12-ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 3 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 dried apple rings
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 cups white wine
- Combine apple cider, thawed lemonade concentrate, cinnamon sticks, ground cloves, and ground allspice in a large nonaluminum pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Place dried apple rings, orange slices, and lemon slices in the bottom of a punch bowl. Add white wine. Stir in warm cider mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note