Cunning Citrus Cake
This autumn recipe comes together in no time and never fails to impress.
- 18 1/2 ounce pkg. yellow cake mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 2 3.4-oz. pkgs. instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Garnish: 2 T. powdered sugar
- Prepare cake batter as directed on package; pour into a greased 13" x 9" baking pan. Set aside. Pour milk and water into a large bowl; stir in dry puding mixes and sugar. Beat with a wire whisk for 2 minutes, or until well blended. Pour milk mixture into baking pan over cake batter; do not stir. Place baking pan on a baking sheet to catch any bubble-overs. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes to one hour, until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes to allow sauce to thicken. Dust with powdered sugar. Store leftoevers in the refrigerator.
- To make a Halloween shape on the top of the cake, cut a simple pattern from parchment paper. Lay the pattern on top of the cake and dust with powdered sugar. Remove the paper pattern.
If you are a real citrus lover, try adding one tablespoon orange zest and 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice to the pudding mixes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note