Cut the olive oil in half and this would be a lot better. We made it according to the recipe then proceeded to add more of everything but the olive oil to make it decent. Toasting the cumin seeds and pulverizing them was more effort than the results. Nonetheless, the flavor of the dressing went nicely with the beet and carrot dish.
The flavor of toasted cumin seeds comes through in Cumin Vinaigrette. Use Cumin Vinaigrette over your favorite roasted vegetable or in the recipe, Roasted Carrot and Beet Salad with Feta, Pulled Parsley.
This recipe goes with Roasted Carrot and Beet Salad with Feta, Pulled Parsley, and Cumin Vinaigrette
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted in a dry pan and then pulverized
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place the Dijon mustard in a bowl and whisk in the olive oil, then the lemon juice and the sherry vinegar. Add the cumin and the mint. Season with salt and pepper to taste. The vinaigrette will last for 10 days in the fridge.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note