Super quick and easy, pretty good too! I served with black beans. I'll definitely make this again!
Cumin-Spiced Chicken with Chunky Tomato Sauce
Bright green cilantro tops this cumin-spiced chicken with an extra dimension of flavor. Round out the meal with Chili-Lime Corn on the Cob.
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 253
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 45.9g
- Carbohydrate: 2.7g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 693mg
- Calcium: 188mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon cumin and salt; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Add 1/4 teaspoon cumin and tomatoes to pan; cook 1 minute. Return chicken to pan; spoon tomato mixture evenly over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with cheese; broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note