Made this yesterday. It was tasty and relatively easy. Would make it again. I doubled the amount of cumin and added added fresh chopped onions and garlic to the saute before adding the canned diced tomatoes. Skipped the cheese and broiling step altogether (doesn't need any cheese). Served it over a small pile of pasta. (There was enough sauce from the saute to accommodate the pasta.)
Cumin-Spiced Chicken with Chunky Tomato Sauce
Bright green cilantro tops this cumin-spiced chicken with an extra dimension of flavor. Round out the meal with Chili-Lime Corn on the Cob.
Prep: 2 minutes; Cook: 15 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 253
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated fat: 2.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 45.9g
- Carbohydrate: 2.7g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 106mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 693mg
- Calcium: 188mg
- Cooking spray
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10-ounce) can mild diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) preshredded reduced-fat Mexican blend cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle both sides of chicken evenly with 1/2 teaspoon cumin and salt; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- 3. Add 1/4 teaspoon cumin and tomatoes to pan; cook 1 minute. Return chicken to pan; spoon tomato mixture evenly over chicken. Sprinkle evenly with cheese; broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This