Cumin-Seared Chicken with Pineapple-Mint Salsa
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 224
- Calories from fat: 10%
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 39.9g
- Carbohydrate: 9.2g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 405mg
- Calcium: 41mg
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups cubed pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1. Combine cumin, salt, and red pepper; sprinkle evenly over chicken.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until done.
- 3. While chicken cooks, combine pineapple and remaining ingredients; toss gently to blend. Serve with chicken.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note