Cumin-Scented Quinoa And Black Rice
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) Short Grain Black Rice
- 1 cup(s) Red Quinoa Rinsed Well
- 1 whole(s) Bay Leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil divided
- 1 whole(s) onion, small finely chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic clove minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin seed
- 3 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup(s) cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) parsley chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) chives chopped
- dash(es) black pepper
- 1 whole(s) avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 whole(s) lemon cut into wedges
- Bring rice and 1 cup water to a boil in a small saucepan. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until water is absorbed and rice is tender, 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine quinoa, bay leaf, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 2 cups water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until quinoa is tender, about 15 minutes. Drain; return quinoa to hot saucepan. Cover and let sit for 15 minutes. Discard bay leaf, fluff quinoa with a fork, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cumin and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add to quinoa. Add rice; mix well. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons oil, fresh lemon juice, cilantro, parsley, and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cut avocado into wedges. Serve salad with avocado and lemon wedges.
- Ingredient info: Black rice and red quinoa are available at better supermarkets and at natural foods and specialty foods stores.
- nutritional information: Per serving: 238 calories, 13 g fat, 29 g carbohydrates
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MelisaTX and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes