I love this recipe. It is a great side dish with anything mexican or not. I make it without the japs so the kids can eat it but top mine with red pepper flakes. Outstanding side dish.
Cumin-Scented Black Beans With Cilantro
Add flavor to canned black beans with tomato, onion, bell pepper, cumin and cilantro and serve as a side dish with your favorite Mexican recipes.
More From Health
- Calories: 129
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 5g
- Carbohydrate: 22g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 107mg
- Calcium: 50mg
- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- 1. Heat canola or olive oil in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add red onion, tomato, bell pepper, garlic, and cumin. Cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until tender.
- 2. Add beans, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 minutes.
- 3. Add cilantro and juice, and serve. Garnish with sour cream and chili flakes, if desired.
- Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 7g.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note