- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, undrained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- Crushed red chili flakes (optional)
- calories 129
- fat 3 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- monofat 1 g
- polyfat 1 g
- protein 5 g
- carbohydrate 22 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 107 mg
- calcium 50 mg
How to Make It
Heat canola or olive oil in a large saucepot over medium heat. Add red onion, tomato, bell pepper, garlic, and cumin. Cook 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until tender.
Add beans, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook 10 minutes.
Add cilantro and juice, and serve. Garnish with sour cream and chili flakes, if desired.
Note: Nutritional analysis includes Sugars 7g.