Cumin-Orange Beans with Linguine
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 320
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 60g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Sodium: 38mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pound fresh beans (see notes)
- 1 orange (6 oz.), rinsed
- 1/2 pound dried linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and pressed or minced
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, rinsed and cut in half
- 1 cup vegetable or fat-skimmed chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring about 3 quarts water to a boil.
- 2. Trim ends and pull any strings from beans; rinse beans.
- 3. With a vegetable peeler, cut thin peel (colored part only) from orange. Cut enough of the peel into fine shreds to make 1 tablespoon. Cut orange into wedges.
- 4. When water boils, add linguine and cook 6 minutes. Add beans and cook until pasta and beans are tender to bite, 5 to 7 minutes longer. Drain and pour into a wide, shallow bowl.
- 5. Meanwhile, in a 10- to 12-inch frying pan over high heat, stir olive oil and cumin until seed is fragrant, about 1 minute. Add garlic, onions, and cherry tomatoes; stir until tomatoes are hot, about 2 minutes.
- 6. Add broth and orange peel; bring to a boil. Pour over noodles and beans, mix, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with orange wedges to squeeze juice onto each portion.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables