- 1 red onion (8 oz.), peeled and slivered
- 8 ounces radishes, rinsed and trimmed
- 1 English cucumber (1 lb.), rinsed
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced mint leaves
- calories 44
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- protein 2.5 g
- fat 1.2 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- carbohydrate 6.9 g
- fiber 2.1 g
- sodium 170 mg
- cholesterol 3.7 mg
How to Make It
Place slivered onion in a bowl. Add cold water to cover and let stand 10 minutes. Meanwhile, slice radishes. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds with a spoon, and thinly slice into crescents. Drain onion.
In a large bowl, mix yogurt, lemon juice, cumin seeds, salt, pepper, and all but 2 tablespoons of the mint. Add onion, radishes, and cucumber and mix gently to coat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 1 day.
Just before serving, stir salad again to combine. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons mint.