Loved these! But after the 8 minutes, flipped them over and put them back in so that both sides would be crispy. They were good the next day, but best warm from the oven.
Cumin-Dusted Pita Chips
Use a variety of pitas--onion, plain, and wheat--and make extras to keep on hand for snacks.
This recipe goes with Artichoke-Crab Dip with Cumin-Dusted Pita Chips
Yield: 4 dozen chips (serving size: 3 chips)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 84
- Calories from fat: 5%
- Fat: 0.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 2.8g
- Carbohydrate: 16.8g
- Fiber: 0.7g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.9mg
- Sodium: 234mg
- Calcium: 27mg
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) pitas, each cut into 6 wedges
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place pita wedges on pan; coat with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cumin and salt. Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Note: Chips can be made ahead and stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cumin-Dusted Pita Chips Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers, Hors d'Oeuvres, Breads, Snacks
- CONVENIENCE: Entertaining, Kid-Friendly, Make-Ahead, Portable/Picnic, Quick/Easy
- CUISINE: Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Greek
- MAIN INGREDIENT: Rice/Grains
- DIETARY CONSIDERATION: Low Cholesterol, Low Fat, Meatless, Low Saturated Fat
- COOKING METHOD: Bake
- OCCASION: Autumn, Spring, Summer, Winter, Weddings, Super Bowl, Birthdays/Anniversaries
- PUBLICATION: Cooking Light
More Recipes for Appetizers