I wasn't crazy about the sweetness of the chicken, but the guacamole sauce was quite tasty. I would use the sauce again, but would spice the chicken differently.
Cumin-Dusted Chicken Breasts with Guacamole Sauce
Base your meal on a speedy, well-seasoned main dish, and dinner is a breeze. This flavorful entrée calls for a simple side dish; try a green salad and yellow rice or canned black beans.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 breast half and about 3 tablespoons sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 301
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 41.6g
- Carbohydrate: 12.5g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 575mg
- Calcium: 76mg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, seeded and coarsely mashed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- To prepare sauce, combine first 8 ingredients; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- To prepare chicken, combine sugar, 1 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper; sprinkle evenly over chicken. Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken over. Place pan in oven; bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until done. Serve chicken with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note