Cumin-Dusted Catfish Sandwiches
Thin fillets of mild, firm-textured fish, such as cod, tilapia, perch, or orange roughy, may be substituted. If the grilled fillets hang over the sides of the bun, break them in half to stack on the bun. You may also serve remaining halves on the side.
More From Southern Living
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 to 2 tsp. minced canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 (6-oz.) catfish fillets
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 4 whole-wheat buns, split and toasted
- Tomato slices, shredded lettuce
- 1. Stir together first 3 ingredients and 1/2 tsp. salt. Set aside.
- 2. Combine cornmeal, cumin, and remaining 1 tsp. salt. Rinse fish, and dredge in cornmeal mixture. Spray fish evenly with cooking spray.
- 3. Grill fish, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 3 to 4 minutes on each side or just until fish begins to flake with a fork.
- 4. Serve on buns with mayonnaise mixture, tomato slices, and shredded lettuce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note