Did not have whole wheat bread so I substituted plain bread crumbs. Also added 1/2 Tablespoon cumin instead of 1/2 teaspoon. Ate this recipe at a luncheon and we all agree that 1/2 tsp is not near enough.
Cumin-Crusted Pork Cutlets
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Amy Burke
More From Southern Living
- 3 whole wheat bread slices
- 2 tablespoons self-rising yellow cornmeal mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 thinly sliced boneless pork loin chops (about 1 1/4 lb.)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1. Process bread in a food processor until finely crumbled. Combine breadcrumbs, cornmeal mix, and cumin in a shallow bowl.
- 2. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. Whisk together egg, mustard, and 2 Tbsp. water until blended. Dip pork in egg mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture, pressing to adhere.
- 3. Cook half of pork in 2 Tbsp. hot oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Keep warm in a 200° oven. Repeat procedure with remaining pork and oil. Serve warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes