A nice change for cooking brussel sprouts. Very easy and tasty. I had a smaller quantity so I just guessed at the quantities for the other ingredients - hard to go wrong. Will use again.
Cumin-braised Brussels Sprouts
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 65
- Calories from fat: 46%
- Protein: 3g
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 7.8g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 41mg
- Cholesterol: 5.1mg
- 2 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves or 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Trim and discard stem ends from brussels sprouts; rinse sprouts. Cut each in half, through stem end.
- 2. Add olive oil, brussels sprouts, and cumin seeds to a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat; stir often until sprouts are slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add 1 cup water (and the basil if using dried); cover, reduce heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are tender when pierced, 6 to 8 minutes. If liquid evaporates before sprouts are tender, add a little more water to prevent scorching.
- 3. Uncover and add butter; stir often until butter is melted. Stir in fresh basil, if using, and salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a serving bowl.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables