This recipe for Cumberland sauce has a great depth of flavor. It's delicious with pork, turkey, and venison and can be used as a glaze for ham.
Yield: about 4 cups
- 2 1/2 cups port wine, divided
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) jar red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Bring 2 cups wine and next 8 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan, stirring constantly; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring often, 20 minutes.
- Stir together remaining 1/2 cup wine and cornstarch until smooth. Stir into hot mixture; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Remove from heat, and cool. Pour into hot sterilized jars, and seal. Store in refrigerator up to 1 month.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This