This is a great way to use my abundance of Armenian cucumbers.
Cucumbers and Onions
Photo: Rick Lew; Styling: Sara Foster
Stand: 30 Minutes
- 9 cucumbers (about 2 1/2 pounds), scored and cut into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Put cucumber and onion in a large mixing bowl, and toss with 1 teaspoon salt and celery seeds. Let stand 30 minutes. Stir in vinegar and oil. Season with additional salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 3 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note