Community Recipe from
- recipe image
- Rated: rating
- Submitted By: Karen
- Photo By: I Love Troy
- Servings: 5
- "Thin, thin cucumbers are doused with sugar, water, vinegar, celery seed and onion, and chilled for an hour or so. Great as a salad or as open face sandwiches on pumpernickel bread."
- 3 large cucumbers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1. Peel the cucumbers and slice wafer thin. Sprinkle with salt. Let stand 30 minutes, then squeeze cucumbers to release moisture.
- 2. In a medium size bowl mix sugar, water, vinegar, celery seed, and onion. Add cucumbers to mixture. Mix well. Refrigerate 1 hour
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
CUCUMBERS Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables