Cucumber-Yogurt Soup with Pepperoncini
Photo: © Petrina Tinslay
Pepperoncini (long, thin Italian pickled chiles) give Marcia Kiesel's otherwise-mild soup an appealingly tangy flavor.
- 1 pound cucumbers peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped plus cucumber spears for serving
- 10 small pepperoncini, 4 stemmed, seeded and chopped plus 1/4 cup of liquid from the jar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a blender, puree the chopped cucumbers with the chopped pepperoncini, the pickling liquid, 2 tablespoons of the dill, the yogurt and buttermilk until very smooth. Stir in the cumin and the remaining dill and season with salt. Refrigerate until chilled, about 30 minutes.
- Ladle the soup into 6 bowls. Serve each bowl with a whole pepperoncini and cucumber spears on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This