- 2 cups plain, whole-milk yogurt*
- 1 scant tsp. sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dried mint, rubbed between your palms to release flavor and fragrance
- Scant 1/2 tsp. ground dried rose petals, plus more for garnish (optional)*
- Small pinch of pepper
- 1 1/4 cups shredded peeled English cucumber or unpeeled Persian cucumber (with juices)
- Fresh mint leaves for topping
- calories 40
- caloriesfromfat 45 %
- protein 2.2 g
- fat 2 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- carbohydrate 3.6 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- sodium 200 mg
- cholesterol 8 mg
How to Make It
Mix all ingredients in a bowl except fresh mint. Adjust seasonings to taste. Top with fresh mint leaves, and, if you like, a sprinkle of ground dried rose petals.
Make ahead: Up to 3 days, covered and chilled (top with fresh mint and dried rose just before serving).
*If your cucumber is especially juicy, replace a few spoonfuls of the yogurt with thicker Greek yogurt. Find dried rose petals at Middle Eastern markets, Latino markets, spice shops, or online. Grind to a powder in a spice grinder before use.