Mold this tangy aspic in mini muffin pans to make individual condiment-size servings that are delicious with a green salad, chicken, pork chops, or catfish.
More From Southern Living
Total: 4 Hours, 20 Minutes
- 1 (1-oz.) package unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 3 cups low-sodium tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 to 8 dashes of hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 3/4 cups chopped cucumber
- 1. Sprinkle gelatin over cranberry juice in a bowl. Let stand 3 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, bring tomato juice to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour over gelatin mixture, and stir until gelatin dissolves. Whisk in parsley and next 5 ingredients.
- 3. Spread cucumbers in a 4-cup mold; pour gelatin mixture over cucumbers. Chill 4 hours or until set. Dip bottom of mold in warm water for about 15 seconds. Unmold onto a serving plate.
- Mini Tomato Aspics: Prepare recipe as directed in Steps 1 and 2. Spoon about 1 tsp. chopped cucumbers into each cup of a 24-cup miniature muffin pan; top with gelatin mixture, filling completely (about 1 Tbsp. per cup). Chill 1 hour or until set. Unmold as directed in Step 3. Makes 2 dozen Hands-on 20 min.; Total 1 hour, 20 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note