Community Recipe from
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile pepper, quartered and seeded, if desired
- 1 clove garlic, quartered
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 slices whole wheat or white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 1-ounce slices provolone cheese
- 1/2 of a medium cucumber, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- In a food processor combine cilantro, mint, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, and garlic. Cover and process until finely chopped. (If you do not have a food processor, finely chop the herbs, jalapeno, and garlic; combine with the lime juice.) Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- If desired, remove crusts from bread. Spread one side of each bread slice with softened butter. Top 2 of the bread slices with half of the cheese. Top with all of the cucumber slices. Carefully top with all of the cilantro mixture, remaining cheese slices, and remaining bread slices, buttered side down. Cut sandwiches in half. Serve immediately or wrap in plastic wrap and pack with an ice pack or chill up to 4 hours before serving. Makes 2 sandwiches.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by cindiemiller11 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note