Directions should include shredding the cucumber, with green skin intact, on a grater. Place grated cucumber on several layers of paper towel and squeeze to remove most of the moisture. Then combine with other ingredients. I also add freshly ground black pepper. Yummy flavor!
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dillweed
- 20 sandwich bread slices
- 20 thin wheat bread slices
- Process cream cheese and mayonnaise in a blender or food processor until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides.
- Combine cream cheese mixture, cucumber, garlic salt, and dillweed.
- Spread cucumber mixture evenly onto white bread slices, and top with wheat bread. Using a 2- to 3-inch round cutter, cut sandwiches, discarding edges. Or cut crusts from bread, discarding crusts, and cut sandwiches into quarters. Store cucumber sandwiches in an airtight container for up to 1 hour before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cucumber Sandwiches Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Appetizers