Yield: Makes 12 sandwiches
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cucumber
- 3 ounces cold smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon trimmed, minced watercress
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 whole wheat bread slices
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup trimmed, minced watercress
- Process cream cheese in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Add finely chopped cucumber and next 4 ingredients; process until well blended.
- Cut 2 rounds out of each bread slice using a 2-inch biscuit cutter. Spread cheese mixture evenly on one side of half of bread rounds. Top with remaining bread rounds. Carefully spread the cut outer edges of sandwiches with butter. Dip edges in 1/2 cup minced watercress, coating evenly. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers