My whole family loves this recipe. We found it a great addition to our "No Cook" menu for summer. It is very light and refreshing. You MUST use fresh cucumbers and not the regular garden variety or it is not as crisp. I add a touch more pepper and lemon juice for tang. Also you can make the dressing ahead of time, but don't add the vegetables until 30 minutes before.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 83
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 0.8g
- Carbohydrate: 4.1g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 124mg
- Calcium: 14mg
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup (1-inch) slices red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup (1-inch) slices green bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 English cucumber, sliced
- 1. Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- 2. Add bell peppers and remaining ingredients to wine mixture; toss gently to coat.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note