This is a GREAT recipe for a classic summer dish. Great suggestions on ingredients.
This recipe can also be very diverse and you can get creative with it! My father introduced me to the basic cucumber salad recipe that incorporated only cucumbers, onions, and Italian dressing. Since then I have made some additions to it in the form of fresh herbs and tomatoes from the garden. At times I have also added banana peppers, green beans, bell peppers, etc! Also, have fun with what dressing you pick!
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 whole(s) cucumber sliced
- 1 cup(s) cherry tomatoes
- 1 bottle(s) Italian dressing
- 2 whole(s) onions diced
- 2 pinch(s) fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon(s) basil
- 1 tablespoon(s) rosemary
- 1 dash(es) salt
- 1 dash(es) pepper
- Cucumbers, Cherry Tomatoes, Italian Dressing, Onions, Oregano
- 1. Wash all the vegetables before cutting.
- 2. Cut the cucumbers into thin slices. (You may peel them if you'd like as well.) Set slices to the side.
- 3. Dice onions. Layer cucumbers, onions, cherry tomatoes, and herbs into bowl.
- 4. Pour Italian dressing in the bowl. Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving so the seasonings and dressing can soak in.
- 5. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Lspehar and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note