This was a really great dish! I would have given it 5 stars, but it was definitely missing something. It was a great side dish, and my kiddos enjoyed the cucumbers (red onion is too hot for them). We are a HUGE fan of rice vinegar, so it was a very easy dish for us with items we always seem to have on hand.
Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Stephana Bottom
Yield: Serves 8
Cost per Serving: $.60
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 53
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 5g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 238mg
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1. Toss onion with 1 Tbsp. vinegar; set aside. Place cucumbers in a colander and toss with 1/4 tsp. salt. Drain for 10 minutes. Pat dry.
- 2. Mix onion and cucumbers in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil and remaining 2 Tbsp. vinegar. Add dill; season with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This