This was simple, but good. The egg pressed through the sieve was really pretty. I added tomatoes, personal preference.
Thomas J. Story
Persian cucumbers make a perfect summer salad or a light lunch when paired with bread and cheese.
- 6 Persian cucumbers (1 lb. total)
- 1 chopped hard-cooked egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- Coarsely chop 6 Persian cucumbers (1 lb. total) into 1/2-inch chunks; place in a serving bowl. With a rubber spatula, press 1 chopped hard-cooked egg through a wire sieve onto cucumbers (or dice egg finely). Whisk together 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard and 1 teaspoon lemon juice, whisk in 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil until thick, add salt and pepper to taste, and drizzle over salad. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads