Yield: 4 pints
- 1 quart ground, unpeeled cucumber
- 3 cups finely diced celery
- 3 cups ground onion
- 1 cup seeded and ground green pepper
- 1/2 cup seeded and ground sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup salt
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon whole mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large glass mixing bowl; add salt, mixing well. Add water to cover. Cover and let stand in a cool place overnight. Rinse and drain well. Set aside.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, and mustard and celery seeds in a stainless steel stockpot; bring to a boil, stirring until sugar dissolves. Add vegetable mixture. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Quickly ladle relish into hot sterilized jars, leaving 1/2-inch head space. Remove air bubbles. Cover with metal lids, and screw bands tight. Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes. Serve with meats or vegetables.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments