Cucumber, Radish and Tomato Salad
Community Recipe from
- 2 whole(s) Cucumbers chopped
- 4 whole(s) Roma or Plum Tomatoes chopped
- 4-6 whole(s) radishes chopped into half-moons
- 2 tablespoon(s) salt separated (1 tablespoon each)
- 3 tablespoon(s) sesame tahini
- 1 whole(s) lemon Juiced
- 1/2 lemon worth of Zest
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) mint minced
- 1/4 cup(s) Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- black pepper to taste (may not be needed)
- 1. Prepare cucumbers. Start by peeling the cucumber. Once peeled, cut the cucumber in half (width-wise). Cut into thirds (lengthwise). Chop thirds into 1/4 inch equal sized pieces. Put in colander, sprinkle with approx 1 tablespoon of salt and set aside in the sink to drain.
- 2. Remove top and bottoms of radishes, halve, then cut into half-moon slices 1/8 - 1/4 inch thick. Put into large bowl.
- 3. Cut the tomatoes, seeding in the process. Chop seeded tomatoes into pieces approx the same size as the cucumber. Place in bowl with radishes.
- 4. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon of salt (a bit less if you are not big on salt), lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, mint, yogurt, tahini and olive oil into the bowl with the radishes and tomatoes.
- 5. Quickly rinse the cucumbers, then pour out onto paper towels. Briefly pat dry, removing some excess salt. Combine in bowl with other ingredients.
- 6. Mix all ingredients, being sure to break up and integrate Tahini and Yogurt.
- Serve, or refrigerate until ready to serve. Giving it at least a few minutes to sit deepens the flavors and lets the dressing form a bit better.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by amco24 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes