so tasty and creamy. i liked the larger chunks of potato and the yogurt added a pleasant background tang
Cucumber Potato Salad
Photo: Lisa Romerein; Styling: Karen Shinto
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 154
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Protein: 3.9g
- Fat: 5.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Sodium: 425mg
- Cholesterol: 5.8mg
- 1 1/2 pounds small red thin-skinned potatoes
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups slivered red onion, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 English cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 1. Bring 1 in. water to a boil in a saucepan. Set whole potatoes in a steamer basket and steam in pan, covered, until tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool in ice water, then pat dry.
- 2. Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a small bowl to combine.
- 3. Quarter potatoes and put in a large bowl. Add onion, cucumber, and half the dressing; gently stir to coat. Add more dressing if you like, or save to use as a dip.
- Make ahead: Up to 2 days through step 2. Chill potatoes and dressing separately and slice cucumber just before serving.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 1-cup serving using half the dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads