This was fabulous - I served it to two guests and we gobbled up all four servings. I made it again a couple days later but was out of peanuts so I threw in a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter instead. Might I take this moment to not recommend that option. The peanut butter mixed with the lime and cucumber juice and the flavor became diluted. Watery. Meh. So, follow those directions and eat up! Will totally make this (the right way) again.
With just 52 calories per serving, fresh and delicious Cucumber-Peanut Salad is perfect alongside burgers, chicken, or any summertime meal.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 52
- Fat: 2.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.3g
- Sodium: 150mg
- 2 cups thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- Combine cucumber, onion, lime juice, brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle evenly with peanuts.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note