Cucumber Mint Spritzer
Sisters Meave and Faye McAuliffe run Bread & Water, a Venice Beach Catering company. "This is the kind of cool drink you want when you're out in the sun," says Meave. Make the cucumber mixture ahead of time and top it off with ice and club soda (or even Champagne).
More From Sunset
- Calories: 53
- Calories from fat: 2%
- Protein: 0.5g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 13g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sodium: 21mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 English cucumber
- Fresh mint leaves from 6 large sprigs
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom water*
- 1 can (12 oz.) club soda
- 1. Thinly slice 1/4 of the cucumber and set aside. Cut the remaining cucumber and put into the bowl of a food processor and whirl with 1/4 cup water until well blended, about 2 minutes. Pour into a strainer set over a bowl. Let sit 10 minutes to drain, occasionally pressing with the back of a spoon to push liquid through; discard solids.
- 2. Put cucumber juice, reserved slices, mint, simple syrup, orange and lime juices, and orange blossom water into a container to chill, at least 30 minutes or up to 1 day ahead.
- 3. When ready to serve, add ice and top with club soda.
- *This adds a nice citrusy fragrance. Find it at Middle Eastern or well-stocked beverage stores.
Total time includes chilling.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cucumber Mint Spritzer Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This