Way too salty and I'm a salt lover. I'm going to try this recipe again but will cut the salt down to a 1/4 of what it's called for.
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Stylist: Buffy Hargett
Tomatoes, meet a new best friend.
Yield: Makes about 8 cups
- 4 cups peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 teaspoons table salt
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise (such as Duke's)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon finely grated garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup whole buttermilk
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Toss together first 2 ingredients; drain in a colander 30 minutes. Whisk together yogurt and next 9 ingredients. Stir in cucumbers; let stand 30 minutes. Refrigerate up to 2 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine