- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package lemon-flavored gelatin
- 1 (6-ounce) package lime-flavored gelatin
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and shredded
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dill seeds
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) carton commercial sour cream (optional)
How to Make It
Line a lightly oiled 6 1/2-cup ring mold with cucumber slices. Set aside.
Dissolve gelatin in water; add vinegar, food coloring, and salt, stirring well. Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white. Fold in cucumbers, and next four ingredients; spoon into prepared mold. Chill until firm.
Unmold, and garnish with parsley and cherry tomatoes. Serve with sour cream, if desired.
This is definitely a dish for entertaining. These ingredients make for a unique Easter dinner menu item your older relatives will remember and your younger relatives won't forget.