Cucumber, Asian Pear, and Watermelon Salad with Ricotta Salata
Ricotta salata is a crumbly, salty cheese that provides a nice counterpoint to the sweetness of the watermelon and grapes. If you can't find it, you can use feta, which is more pungent but just as tasty.
Both cucumbers and watermelon have high water content, so eating this salad is a great way to stay hydrated.
Water tally: 5.3 ounces.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 118
- Calories from fat: 34%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Carbohydrate: 18.5g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Cholesterol: 17mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 130mg
- Calcium: 91mg
- 2 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled seedless cucumber
- 2 cups (1-inch) cubed seedless watermelon
- 2 cups halved red grapes
- 3/4 cup peeled, cubed Asian pear (about 1 pear)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) crumbled ricotta salata cheese
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine sour cream, honey, rind, juice, and pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Pour sour cream mixture over fruit mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This