This makes a beautiful presentation
Cucumber Asian Greens
Photo: William Dickey; Styling: Mary Lyn Hill
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 4 large cucumbers
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- 1/2 cup Asian dressing
- 20 enoki mushrooms
- Place a small skillet over medium-high heat until hot; add sesame seeds, and cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
- Cut ends from cucumbers. Peel cucumbers with a stripper, leaving alternating strips of green and white. Cut each cucumber into 1 1/2-inch, 2-inch, and 3-inch pieces. Cut 1 end of each piece diagonally. Hollow out cucumbers with a sharp knife or melon baller, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells.
- Toss mixed salad greens with Asian dressing. Arrange various-size cucumber pieces vertically among salad greens on 4 individual plates. Fill cucumber shells with greens. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, and insert enoki mushrooms.
- Note: For Asian dressing we used S&W Vintage Lites Oriental Rice Wine Vinegar Dressing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This