Cucumber-and-Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) container plain yogurt
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: fresh dill sprigs
- Line a mesh strainer with a paper coffee filter or paper towel. Spoon yogurt into filter, and place strainer over a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill 4 hours.
- Spoon yogurt into a bowl, discarding strained liquid.
- Stir in diced cucumber and next 7 ingredients. Cover and chill yogurt mixture until ready to serve. Garnish, if desired. Serve with pita chips and fresh vegetables.
- Note: The sauce may also be served as a spread for tomato or roast beef sandwiches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cucumber-and-Yogurt Dipping Sauce Recipe at a Glance