Super tasty! Used canned pineapple and it was great.
Toss a green salad while the chicken cooks, then serve it with rice for a complete meal. To save time, use drained canned pineapple tidbits in place of fresh fruit.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 chicken breast half, 1/2 cup bean mixture, and 1 tablespoon cilantro)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 293
- Calories from fat: 8%
- Fat: 2.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 45.2g
- Carbohydrate: 22.4g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 632mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; add 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Keep warm.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Combine the remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, salt, and paprika, and sprinkle evenly over chicken. Coat the chicken with cooking spray. Add chicken to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with bean mixture; sprinkle with cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes