Cuban Pork Flautas With Mojo Mayo Dip
2006 Cook-Off Finalist.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 30 Minutes
Chill: 30 Minutes
- 10 to 12 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup FLORIDA'S NATURAL Premium Brand Orange Juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (17-oz.) packages fully cooked pork roast au jus
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups CRISCO Vegetable Oil
- 30 corn tortillas
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
- 1. Stir together first 8 ingredients in a medium bowl. Let stand 30 minutes at room temperature.
- 2. Meanwhile, rinse au jus from pork roasts. Shred roasts using hands, and place in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag.
- 3. Heat olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat just until warm (about 3 to 5 minutes). Remove from heat, and whisk warm oil into orange juice mixture until well blended.
- 4. Pour 1 cup orange juice mixture evenly over shredded pork in bag. Seal and chill 30 minutes. Stir together mayonnaise and remaining orange juice mixture until well blended. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 5. Heat vegetable oil to 350° to 375° in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tortillas, in batches, 3 to 5 seconds on each side or until softened and pliable. Drain well on paper towels. Remove skillet from heat, reserving vegetable oil in skillet.
- 6. Spread 1 heaping Tbsp. marinated pork roast mixture down center of 1 softened tortilla. Roll up tightly, and secure with a wooden pick. (If the tortilla cracks when rolling, unroll, remove filling, and cook again in hot oil a few more seconds.) Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- 7. Reheat vegetable oil in skillet to 350° to 375° over medium-high heat. Fry pork wraps, in batches, 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Remove wooden picks, and serve with mayonnaise mixture. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note