Cuban Picadillo with Ground Beef
Community Recipe from
- 1 teaspoon(s) oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 4 clove(s) garlic
- 1 medium white onion chopped fine
- 1 small grreen pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) beef stock
- 3/4 cup(s) tomato sauce
- 2 small potatoes peeled and diced
- 8-10 green olives pitted
- salt and peper to taste
- olive oil for sauteing
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper.
- 2. In a frying pan, heat the olive oil. Sauté the onions, green pepper, and garlic until soft.
- 3. Add the ground beef mixture, beef stock, and tomato sauce. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- 4. Add the diced potato. Cover and cook another 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are done.
- 5. Remove the cover. Add the olives and cook uncovered 15 minutes or until the liquid is fully evaporated, but the meat is still moist.
- 6. Serve the picadillo warm with rice4 or let cool and use as a filling for empanadas5 and papas rellenas6.
- Serves: 4 - 6 servings.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by AllenD and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Cuban Picadillo with Ground Beef Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes