Refreshing summer alternative. Kid friendly - even the picky one. Made as per directions.
Cuban Mojo Chicken With Mandarin-Black Bean Salad
Mix up the Mandarin-Black Bean Salad while the chicken marinates.
More From Southern Living
Stand: 20 Minutes
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 (5-ounce)boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- no-stick cooking spray
- Mandarin-Black Bean Salad
- Garnishes: fresh mint sprigs, lime wedges
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a zip-top freezer bag or shallow dish; add chicken. Cover or seal, and let stand 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Pat chicken dry with paper towels.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from skillet, and keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean. Add reserved marinade, and bring to a boil. Boil 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Cut chicken diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Spoon Mandarin-Black Bean Salad in center of 4 serving plates. Arrange chicken slices around salad, and drizzle chicken evenly with warm marinade. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note