Love this recipe. I've been making it regularly for a couple of years and we never get tired of it. Definitely serve with salsa and/or sour cream. I like the red onion idea. To us, the secret is in the tortilla. If you have access to fresh homemade tortillas (Central Market for my Texas friends) use those, it makes a big difference.
Cuban Chicken Pizza
Flour tortillas pinch-hit as a crisp crust for this hearty pizza loaded with chicken and vegetables. Toasting the corn in a skillet brings out its natural sweetness and adds a deliciously smoky note.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 460
- Calories from fat: 20%
- Fat: 10.2g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 37.7g
- Carbohydrate: 54.3g
- Fiber: 8.4g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 760mg
- Calcium: 210mg
- 4 (8-inch) fat-free flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 (11-ounce) can no salt-added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 cups diced roasted chicken breast
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeño peppers
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place flour tortillas on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from the oven; stack and press down to flatten. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; coat pan with cooking spray. Add corn to pan, and cook 1 minute or until lightly charred. Add cumin seeds; cook 5 seconds, stirring constantly. Add chicken, black beans, and garlic; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat; stir in lime juice.
- Place tortillas on baking sheet. Spoon 3/4 cup bean mixture onto each tortilla; top each with 3 tablespoons of cheese. Bake at 350° for 2 minutes or until the cheese melts. Sprinkle each pizza with 1 teaspoon cilantro.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note