Cuban Black Bean Dip
Photo: Beth Dreiling Hontzas; Styling: Buffy Hargett
More From Southern Living
Other Time: 2 Hours, 30 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 94
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 4.7g
- Carbohydrate: 14.2g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 1.9mg
- Iron: 0.1mg
- Sodium: 352mg
- Calcium: 7mg
- 1 (6-oz.) package Cuban-style black bean soup mix
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 2 tablespoons Mexican crema or regular sour cream*
- Garnishes: diced tomatoes, thinly sliced green onions
- Fresh vegetable slices
- 1. Bring soup mix, olive oil, and 2 1/2 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat, stirring occasionally. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 25 minutes. Uncover and cook 5 to 7 minutes or until thick and beans are tender. Let cool 30 minutes.
- 2. Process soup mixture, lime juice, cumin, and chile powder in a food processor 20 seconds or until smooth. Spoon mixture into a serving bowl. Cover and chill 2 hours before serving. Store in refrigerator in an airtight container up to 2 days. Spread center of dip with Mexican crema, and garnish, if desired. Serve with fresh vegetable slices.
- *Light sour cream may be substituted.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Nueva Cocina Cuban Style Black Bean Soup Mix and Olé Crema Mexicana.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note