Cuban Beans and Rice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) dried black beans
- 2 cup(s) water
- 2 cup(s) organic vegetable broth
- 2 cup(s) chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cup(s) red bell pepper
- 1 cup(s) chopped green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) fennel seeds, crushed
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground coriander
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 tablespoon(s) sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 can(s) 10 oz. diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 5 cup(s) hot cooked rice
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Sort and wash beans; place in a large bowl. Cover with water to 2 inches above beans; cover and let stand 8 hours. Drain beans.
- Combine beans, 2 cups water, and next 10 ingredients in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH 5 hours or until beans are tender. Stir in vinegar and tomatoes. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with hot sauce, if desired. Yield: 10 servings (serving size: 1 cup bean mixture and 1/2 cup rice).
- CALORIES: 314; FAT: 3.3g; PROTEIN: 12.1g; CARB.: 58.3g; FIBER: 6g; CHOL: 0mg; IRON: 3.7mg; SODIUM: 816mg; CALC: 24mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dbshade and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note