This quiche seemed very sweet to me. I did not enjoy it at all.
Crustless Veggie Sausage Quiche
More From Southern Living
Amount per serving
- Calories: 244
- Calories from fat: 44%
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Protein: 23g
- Carbohydrate: 11g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 585mg
- Calcium: 261mg
- 1 (8-ounce) package vegetable breakfast patties*
- 1 tablespoon light butter or margarine
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup egg substitute
- 1 (8-ounce) container light sour cream
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Prepare patties according to package directions; crumble and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add mushrooms and onion, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender.
- Process egg substitute, sour cream, and next 4 ingredients in a food processor until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides.
- Stir together crumbled breakfast patties, mushroom mixture, egg substitute mixture, and Cheddar cheese. Spoon into a 10-inch quiche pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until golden. Cool 10 minutes. Cut quiche into 8 wedges.
- *If you'd rather have the meat, 1 cup lean chopped cooked ham may be substituted for vegetable breakfast patties.
- Note: Individual wedges may be reheated in the microwave at MEDIUM (50% power) 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch